When charged with a crime in or around Indianapolis, you will be facing a prosecutor whose job is to convict you. The prosecutor can use all available governmental resources to bring forth evidence that could have serious consequences in your life. Whether you were wrongly accused or not, the prosecutor will do whatever needs to be done to get the conviction he or she wants.
Because of this, it is crucial that you have a trusted and skilled defense attorney. It will be your defense attorney’s job to examine all of the prosecutor’s evidence for flaws, find additional evidence that may be favorable to you, to analyze possible outcomes, put together a strategy that will give you the best chance of a positive result, and use all available legal tools to help you pursue that result.
At Colasessano Law, you can work with a criminal defense trial lawyer who has a successful track record of results in negotiating with as well as fighting prosecutors in court. Our firm is backed by 30 years of experience. Nothing can substitute for professional experience which is why we advise that you contact us if you are being investigated or have been arrested for a misdemeanor or felony crime.
Schedule your free, introductory consultation with our criminal defense lawyer in Indianapolis online or by calling (317) 203-8541.
At Colasessano Law, we defend all types of state and federal crimes, including but not limited to:
- DUI. This is a common but serious state crime that carries many penalties including the loss of your driving privileges.
- Domestic violence. Any type of violence or threatened violence within a household or against intimate partners can lead to an array of penalties.
- Drug crimes. Both the state and the federal government have laws related to illegal drug activity based on their “Schedules” of controlled dangerous substances.
- Violent crimes. These are among the most serious offenses due to their destructive nature against people and property.
- Theft and fraud crimes. Because of the dishonesty as the basis of such crimes, a conviction can hamper your ability to get future employment and can lead to deportation consequences for noncitizens.
- Sex crimes. These offenses carry a social stigma, are heavily punished, and may lead to mandatory sex offender registration.
- Weapons charges. With crime rates soaring, prosecutors take violations of gun laws very seriously.
- White collar crimes. Though nonviolent, these crimes can be heavily punished and a conviction can end your professional career.
The penalties involved in any criminal offense will depend on the nature of the offense, whether it is charged as a misdemeanor or felony, whether bodily injuries occurred, and other facts and circumstances that can put it at an “aggravated” level or can lessen it. It is important to remember that the prosecutor must prove every “element” of the alleged offense beyond a reasonable doubt. Our criminal defense lawyer will do everything possible to cast doubt on those elements as well as to present evidence favorable to you. Throughout the entire process, we will be in your corner giving you the counsel and support you need as together we fight for a positive result.
Ready to learn more about how we can help? Contact our Indianapolis attorney in criminal defense online or at (317) 203-8541 today.
“Gary has been my go-to defense for nearly 20yrs. His courtroom presence and professionalism are unmatched”- J.S.
“He has always been truthful, maintained integrity, and has gone above and beyond to make me feel that "everything is going to be ok!" If you find yourself in my position, save your time and energy and choose Gary Colasessano.”- Dana K.
“Nothing but the best from this guy. Truly a great attorney.”- Ryan P.
Strong Defense in Your Corner
Aggressive Representation, Not Afraid to go to Trial
A Criminal Defense Trial Attorney in Your Corner
Nearly 30 Years of Experience